Shortly before half term, the Children's Services Overview and Scrutiny Committee gave formal approval for the music service to establish itself as an independent charity. I am delighted to announce that Wandsworth Music will be launching as a new charity on 1 April 2020.
The launch of Wandsworth Music will mark an exciting new chapter for music provision in Wandsworth. Charitable status will help to safeguard the long-term future of music and enable us to build on the Music Service’s proven track record and reputation of providing high quality music education, live concerts and music projects. The Charity will continue to work closely with Wandsworth Council and Councillor McDermott has been nominated by the Council as a trustee, helping to maintain close strategic links between the Council and Wandsworth Music.
We are incredibly excited about the future opportunities and are confident that the change of status will provide a platform to further develop and enhance services for schools, children and parents.
We are very much looking forward to supporting you to ensure that music remains a key part of school life, ensuring a broad and balanced curriculum and supporting the welfare and musical talents of all children and young people.
Wandsworth Music – services to schools 2020-2021
Please note that schools will no longer be able to purchase membership or services via the Wandsworth Traded Service Website. Wandsworth Music have launched a similar membership service which will run adjacent to the school year.
Further information on our offer and our updated service level agreement for 2020-202 can be viewed here
School Music Partner Membership (formerly Wandsworth Schools Music Trading Account Membership)
To sign up for School Music Partner Membership for the academic year 2020-21 please click here
All maintained, free and academy schools in Wandsworth are eligible for School Music Partner Membership (formerly Wandsworth Schools Music Service Trading Account)
Membership has the following benefits:
- Discounted termly charges for all Wandsworth Music programmes, including Whole Class Ensemble Tuition, Singing Strategy and curriculum music;
- Discounted instrument hire (minimum of 15%) on musical instruments loaned through the instrument hire scheme;
- Free access to advice on instrument purchase, repairs and maintenance;
- Discounted teaching rates for hourly paid peripatetic music teaching;
- 50% subsidy off the cost of transport for school parties to Wandsworth Music projects and events e.g. The annual Brighter Sounds concert (up to a maximum of £220 support per year).
- Music Mark Schools Membership (which includes benefits such as discounted Music Mark CPD, music sector updates and access to a library of resources).
- Free and/or discounted access to Wandsworth Music Hub CPD.
- By becoming a School Music Partner, this is also a pledge that your school supports the work of the Music Hub and values access to high quality music education for your pupils.
School Music Partner membership runs academic year (Sept-July) and is offered for renewal each Spring in the new financial year, in preparation for September – The costs for 20-21 are:
School Type Cost
Nursery School £300
Primary School (1 form entry) £700
Primary School (2 form entry or more) £780
Secondary School £1,100
Special School £550
Further information about the range of services we offer can be found on our website: www.wandsworthmusic.co.uk